1. The Personal Information We Collect and How We use It
We may collect information about you and use it in the following ways:
- We may collect personal information about you from applications or forms you may complete, agreements you enter into with us or in the course of your establishing or maintaining a client relationship with us regarding a clean technology product or company including your name, postal and email address, debit or credit card details, ongoing statements and other related information. This is to allow us to complete your transaction and also to provide confirmation of the transaction to you.
- When you browse the website we will store information as to how you use the website in order to improve the quality of service provided to you. For example, it will allow us to decide the most appropriate site layout and navigation.
- We may collect information concerning the attachments you open with newsletters that are sent to you electronically.
- We also use the information we collect in order to inform you about changes to the website and, subject to any applicable local laws, other information that we think may be of interest and/or useful to you including our services.
You are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request. However, failure to do so may result in us not being able to effectively provide services to you.
2. Who We Disclose the Personal Information to
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as described in this Policy.
Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with affiliated or non-affiliated companies who perform support services on our behalf including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice to us. These companies are required to ensure appropriate security measures are in place and maintain the confidentiality of such information to the extent they receive it, and to use your personal information only in the course of providing such services and only for the purposes that we dictate.
These companies, however, may be based in countries where privacy laws do not exist or provide less protection than the laws in Singapore.
We may also disclose your personal information to fulfil your instructions or pursuant to your express consent.
Under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations, for instance when responding to proceedings of a court of law or similar legal process, to protect against fraud, and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
3. Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information at any time to check whether it is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Timely Processing of the Information
We will retain your personal information in accordance with applicable laws for so long as is needed.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect and secure your personal information.
a. How we secure information transferring to our web server
All forms containing sensitive personal information, such as payment or bank details, are transmitted, after we authenticate your details, to the web server using a ‘secure form’ in which your details are encrypted using the most secure encryption level available.
Please notify us immediately if you have any reason to suspect that someone else may be using your details.
An encryption certificate can be viewed by double clicking on the padlock icon displayed within the web browser window when you are on a secure page.
b. How we hold your personal information on our web server
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all personal information you provide on our secure (password-and-firewall-protected) servers. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
c. How we transmit your personal information to our personnel
Only authorised staff with login and password authentication can access your personal information stored on the web server, located in a secure area of the network.
6. Data Protection Notice
This Data Protection Notice outlines how your personal data will be managed in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “Act”) which strives to protect the personal data of individuals. Please read this Data Protection Notice so that you know and understand the purposes for which we may collect, use and/or disclose your personal data.
You agree and consent to IPEx and affiliates as well as our authorised service providers and relevant third parties collecting, using, disclosing and/or sharing your personal data in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Notice.
This Data Protection Notice supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents which you may have previously provided to us nor does it affect any rights that we may have at law in connection with the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data. We may from time to time update this Data Protection Notice to ensure that this Data Protection Notice is consistent with our business purpose and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Data Protection Notice forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with us and should be read in conjunction with such terms and conditions.
a. Personal Data
In this Data Protection Notice, the term “personal data” refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or is likely to have access.
Personal data that we collect from you includes but is not limited to:
- full name;
- NRIC, passport or other identification number;
- contact details (including address, telephone number, e-mail address);
- employment, education, and income details; and
- other information relating to you which you have provided to us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you.
b. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure
IPEx collects, uses and/or discloses your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes:
- processing of your application for listing your technology on the platform or listing your interest in adopting a technology;
- to contact you and to send statements/notices to you relating to your information therein;
- to carry out your instructions or respond to any enquiry from you;
- to deal with any other matters relating to your technology or interest in a technology therein;
- communicating with you to inform you of changes and updates to our policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information;
- to observe any legal, government or regulatory requirements of Singapore or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements to which any recipient of the data is subject; and
- other purposes, directly or indirectly relating to any of the above and IPEx’s activities.(hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Purposes”).
Where you have specifically provided us with consents, IPEx may also collect, use and/or disclose for the following purposes: (i) sending you marketing updates on our technology providers and adopters; (ii) promoting and administering events, contests and competitions; and (iii) developing marketing programmes.
c. Disclosure of Personal Data
Your personal data may be disclosed to IPEx’s holding company, subsidiaries, related and/or associated company, affiliates, delegates, trustee(s), business partners, and/or service providers, or any third party and/or agents (including outsourcing agents and data processors), any and all governmental and/or quasi-governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies, any court and/or officer of the court for any of the above Purposes or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes. Further, your personal data may be transferred to locations outside Singapore.
d. Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Notice, you may contact the Personal Data Protection Officer by sending an email to: email@example.com
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data (other than for purposes of direct marketing), IPEx may not be able to process your personal data for all of the Purposes.
e. Access and Correction of your Personal Data
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is accurate, complete, not misleading, and that such information is kept up to date.
You may access and request for correction of your personal data by contacting the Personal Data Protection Officer, at the IPEx’s office with any enquiries in respect of your personal data via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
IPEx reserves its rights to refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data under the Act and if IPEx refuses to comply with such request, you will be informed of such refusal and the reason for the same.
7. Changes to the Policy
Please be aware that this Policy may be updated at any time. As such, please ensure that you regularly read the latest version of this page.
If you have any questions or complaints relating to the Policy or how we use the personal information we have about you, please contact us directly at:
Call: +65 6818 9710
One Raffles Place, Tower 1, Level 24